Maryland MENTOR Program Outreach VISTA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Maryland Out of School Time Network
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1500 Union Avenue
Start Date: November - 1 year term of service
In one sentence, this VISTA’s role is to make contact with individual programs and offer support via the many resources Maryland MENTOR has at its fingertips. Chief among outreach priorities will be in conjunction with coordinating with programs and agencies in Baltimore City as part of the Baltimore Mayor’s 1000 Mentor Challenge, a joint city-wide effort led by Maryland MENTOR to recruit and engage 1000 mentors from City government and communities within Baltimore City. The additional resources this VISTA will be raising awareness on include but are not limited to: the National Mentoring Resource Center, the National Quality Mentoring System, the Mentoring Connector, the Maryland State Mentoring Institute, trainings, conferences, etc. This role is an extension of outreach but with a finer point as this VISTA will be the primary point of contact and chief recruiter for two of the affiliate’s most important tools: the National Mentoring Resource Center (NMRC) and the Mentoring Connector. This team member will assist the Maryland MENTOR team of consultants to manage the NMRC backend, recruit for the program and field all questions related to applying to and administration of the platform. This team member will also be responsible for executing the signature project – The Baltimore City Mayor’s 1000 Mentor Challenge in conjunction with recruitment efforts across the aforementioned platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; especially presentation skills
- High-level computer skills – experience with Microsoft Office products, database administration, and website administration preferred.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and execute in a fast-paced environment with sometimes shifting priorities
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Works closely with Maryland MENTOR Board of Directors, Maryland MENTOR Communications & Resource Development VISTA and Maryland MENTOR Operations Intern
- Results oriented
Salary Range: Set by CNCS
Measures of Success:
- # of Programs recruited into Mentoring Connector
- # of Matches facilitated via Mentoring Connector
- # Mentors recruited into Mentoring Connector before, during and after Mayor’s 1000 Mentor Challenge
- # of Programs recruited into NMRC
Why should you be excited about this role?
Having the opportunity to work with Maryland MENTOR, the newest statewide affiliate of the National Mentoring Partnership is truly a dream true. We are currently operating at the intersection of the energy and innovation of a startup, the social promise of a non-profit with the strong push for results as a mature private sector business. This simply means there is never a dull moment! We welcome the youthful energy of millennials and the opportunity to make your mark on an organization that is growing and working to fulfill the promise of young people around the state through high quality mentoring.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Apply here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=81447&fromSearch=true