Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Famous Fido Rescue and Adoption Alliance
The position: We are seeking a volunteer coordinator (on a volunteer basis, unpaid BUT with the potential for a paid part-time job in the future) for an animal rescue, sanctuary, and advocacy group located in the Albany Park/Irving Park/Portage Park neighborhood in Chicago. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people.
About us: Famous Fido is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to reduce the number of homeless pets euthanized each year through our adoption program, community education, and promotion of spaying and neutering. We receive no federal or state funding and rely solely on community donations, fundraising events, and volunteers to support our operations and care for the animals. By volunteering here, you would be contributing meaningfully to the care of dogs and cats, allowing them to live the rest of their lives safe and loved. We also advocate for legislation and ordinance changes to secure rights for all animals. For more information, visit our website at http://www.famousfidorescue.org
Your responsibilities will include:
· Recruiting, coordinating, and managing volunteers for both ongoing and one-time volunteer projects such as special events;
· Collecting, organizing, and maintaining information on volunteer availability and skills;
· Screening volunteers and orienting them to the organization and our beliefs;
· Scheduling all volunteer activity and acting as liaison between the volunteers and executive director;
· Communicating with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed;
· Providing ongoing support and guidance for volunteers;
· Evaluating effectiveness of volunteers and recommending changes;
· Developing and implementing a volunteer recognition program;
· Maintaining professionalism and confidentiality; and
· Enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve.
Estimated time commitment: About 20 hours per week.
Qualifications: You must have enthusiastic commitment to our mission and the animals we serve. Experience in volunteer recruitment and management is helpful but not required. You must be able to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with access to email. A working knowledge of Facebook or other social media would be helpful to coordinate a volunteer page but not necessary. We estimate that we need to recruit fifty volunteers.
How To Apply
To apply: Send an email to our executive director Gloria Lissner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the volunteer position to which you are applying and send us your name, contact information, and a few sentences about your qualifications and why you are interested in this position. In the alternative, you may send us a resume, but please be sure to tell us what motivated you to apply for this opportunity.