Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
3031 West Grand Boulevard
AmeriCorps members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. The AmeriCorps member will serve as an integral member of Accounting Aid Society team to support our financial empowerment initiative with the goal of creating on economy that works for all.
Accounting Aid Society in Detroit is seeking 2 AmeriCorps member for a one year commitment beginning 9/1/2018.
- 32 Hour per week commitment
- Member will plan and facilitate a local Show Me The Money Day event by building partnerships, creating marketing materials and plans, recruiting volunteers and soliciting grants and in-kind donations.
- Member will plan and orchestrate a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance site(s) within their community.
- Member will recruit volunteers, solicit space, donations and grants and market the opportunity to the community.
- Member will plan activities, trainings and workshops for clients, volunteers and the community at large around financial literacy and empowerment.
- Member may also provide marketing and outreach assistance to drive attendees to workshops, trainings or one-on-one sessions. Assist with volunteer training and tax site supervisor.
Interested? Click on the link to learn more: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B20B4cx3rTX-Doo7KSx6cAaHuNvGr_Nx0i5f_HTpvu0/edit?usp=sharing
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Apply direct using link provided.