Help Teach Field Hockey to Young People in 5 African Country
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Africa Youth for Peace and Development Organization
Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Shelter for Afriuca House- National Stadium
AYPAD created Hockey Project with a mission to expose the sport to thousands of young people while promoting peace through sport. Hockey is a relatively a new sport in Africa and with many young people living through hardship and deplorable conditions, the need to introduce the sport was timely as its engages young people to reduce the traumatic effects of War, Violence, Abuse and embrace peace while developing their unique hockey talents that can contribute meaningfully to societal growth. The project develops professionals, hockey players, coaches and managers to improve their knowledge on the game, skills, coaching techniques and the impact it has on a nations’ development. The main focus is to use field hockey as a great way to fulfill young people competitive spirit. The organization therefore seek volunteer to work in one of our five countries where the project will be implemented. Countries on the project are Sierra Leone, Uganda, Cameroon, Zambia, Kenya
the goal of the project is :
1. To provide crime prevention program that emphasizes life skills development and education through Hockey.
2. To create a platform where young people can meet, play hockey and promote sustainable development.
3. To develop the skill of Africa young players, coaches and umpires by provide capacity building training.
4. To increase the number of young people in Africa actively engaged in Hockey Sport .
Total cost for volunteer to this project for 2 weeks is $ 500.
This include Visa for 1 month to participating country,Lodging for 2 weeks in a family home stay with your own bedroom, breakfast, Dinner for 2 weeks, clean bottled drinking water, Orientation, airport pickup and drop off, sight seeing and donation to the project activities .
volunteers will only have to make arrangement for their flights.
Volunteer Should have their own Hockey Stick and also have knowledge in Field Hockey, they can work with us to do a documentary on their stay before they travel back to home country.
Choose the country you want to volunteer through the following website. www.aypadinternational.org
you will see all projects.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers