A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
WhoWhatWhy is seeking an experienced volunteer grant-proposal researcher and writer to handle all tasks related to fundraising efforts involving foundations.
Who We Are
We are a remarkable news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, WhoWhatWhy is staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 5-8 hours a week. Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through email. All staff are required to respond to emails on a daily basis. If you possess a high level of self-motivation, work well independently, strive for excellence, and can commit quality time per week on a regular basis to help achieve team goals, we’d like to hear from you.
- 2+ years of experience with grant writing
- Familiarity with Foundation Directory Online or other databases.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Conduct research on foundation and corporate funding prospects
- Assess our organization's programs, goals and financial needs
- Create timely and accurate reports of existing grant-funded projects