Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Are you interested in having a social impact as a volunteer? Would you like to help us in creating a better future for marginalized communities? Then join us!
Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
We drive an innovative network of government and non-government organizations working together to solve the problems children and youth face worldwide. The objective is to significantly improve the quality and impact of services to marginalized urban children and youth and related groups through an effective network of internationally recognized organizations. We have developed a holistic social integration cycle that is based on individual and community needs to achieve best practice methods directly or in collaboration with partners.
What will you do?
As SEO specialist, you will work with the communication team in order to analyze, and implement changes to our websites so they are optimized for search engines. This means more traffic to our websites, so potentially more donors, more awareness of our work etc. One of the main tasks would be to optimize the content by adding some strategically chosen keywords.
This position is a two month volunteering period. If possible you will be based in our head office in Phnom Penh together with other specialists in HR/ communication/ Business/ Employment/ Social Work. However this work can be done remotely.
Responsibilities of the SEO specialist will be the following:
- Assess current state of Search Engine Optimization for Friends-International and ChildSafe Movement websites;
- Improve Search Engine Optimization of Friends-International and ChildSafe Movement websites;
- Optimize website content: define keywords for each page, edit text when necessary and optimize images;
- Improve websites speed;
- Add internal links;
- Get backlinks from reputable websites;
- Any other necessary changes based on current SEO assessment;
- Provide a Strategy/Recommendations to keep SEO at the highest level possible.
- You have an experience working in Search Engine Optimization
- You have an experience working on Wordpress
- You are able to think creatively, strategically , and identify and resolve problems
- You are a native English speaker or have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- An experience in developing a communications strategy is a strong plus
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Join us !
By submitting a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SEO specialist.”
FI is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will be selected based on merit and will be expected to comply with FI’s Child Protection Policy.
The position will remain open until it is filled.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.