The African Diaspora United for Development (ADUD) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization created to ultimately empower African diaspora communities worldwide, by engaging and partnering with individuals, businesses, agencies, and institutions in a collaborative effort to heavily contribute to the educational and social development of Africa and to build a stronger community. http://www.adud.org
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic Board Director and event planner to produce events from conception through to completion. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations.
- Event planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Liaise with audience to identify their needs and to ensure satisfaction.
- Conduct market research, along with Programs Directors to gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to the Executive Bureau and the Board.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities.
- Cooperate with Programs Director, marketing and PR to campaign, implement, promote and publicize event, activities or services
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems as needed.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (Expos, Festivals, meetings, parties, corporate events etc.).
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- MS Office proficiency.
- BS in Event Management or related field a plus
- Fundraising Experience a plus