A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Change Food aggregates the best of the best already working toward healthy food change, amplifies their voices through events and programs, and advances the work and the goal of the food movement – to provide healthy, safe, fair, delicious food for ALL. Our main focus is raising awareness, consumer education and building bridges and connections within the food movement and between the nonprofit and for profit food sectors. We organize events, film talks, and promote videos online as well as are in very early stages of an online video show "Eating Real with Change Food" - and more!
We seek qualified, volunteer candidates to join us as we continue our work to help highlight the best of the best changing the food system. (These positions are unpaid but are a great foot in the door to the food movement.)
Please fill out our online application if you are interested.
Duties could include (though you would not be responsible for everything):
- Crowdfunding and creative fundraising
- Event planning - we have a major event in Asheville NC in October and are finalizing details for future events. Help with all aspects of event planning is needed
- General administrative duties such as data entry, organizing files, ordering supplies, responding to queries, keeping Executive Director organized - anything to help with the smooth operation of the organization
- Graphics creation (we use Canva)
- Newsletter creation
- Research - research companies in area around events
- Social media - posting, responding, etc. This includes monitoring our various groups/page - Change Food, Change Food community page, LinkedIn group, Women in Food Farming and Food Tech group, etc.
- Video editing and filming
- Website updating and redesign
- Writing and editing, as necessary (usually for blog)
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in event planning, social media, nonprofits and/or writing and research. Exemplary volunteers in the past have been able to eventually secure jobs within the food movement.
You must be comfortable working on your own or in small teams. Everyone at Change Food pitches in wherever needed. The positions are remote so candidate can live anywhere in the U.S., though regular meetings will be held in person if NYC-based or via online video otherwise.
There is an 8 hour a week minimum. Hours are flexible.
These opportunities are for anyone over 18. Retirees, professionals, anyone interested, are encouraged to reply.
Positions are unpaid. Please, no phone calls.
Please fill out our online application if you are interested. Thanks!