Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Community Housing of Wyandotte County - CHWC
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2 South 14th Street
The Volunteer Program Coordinator is responsible to create the CHWC Volunteer Program guidelines based on the existing framework and elements of our informal volunteer program. You will build and implement a volunteer and internship program that will help local youth and adults build job skills while delivering housing and financial literacy services. This includes manage volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the organization’s programs and services by providing guidance, support resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers and ongoing support of volunteers to ensure volunteers time isn’t wasted.
This is a full-time position that will run for one year starting August 2018. Applicants must be 18 and have some college education. Experience in community service is preferred. The program is a full time paid AmeriCorps VISTA position. VISTAs are paid $472.22 bi-weekly through AmeriCorps living allowance system and VISTAs have the choice of an Education Award or End of Service Stipend that is awarded to the associates at the end of the program among other benefits. Additionally, CHWC will provide $500 per month housing allowance in one of CHWC's rental units. In the case that a CHWC unit is unavailable, CHWC will pay a cash housing stipend.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Plan the volunteer program
1. Create policies and procedures
2. Ensure organizational infrastructure necessary to support the volunteers/interns.
3. Identify areas of the organization where volunteers can contribute
4. Identify how volunteers will be recruited.
Organize the volunteer program
5. Prioritize key volunteer positions
6. Develop job descriptions for each volunteer position
7. Identify and develop training needed for volunteers
8. Develop a system for tracking and monitoring volunteer hours and contributions
9. Recruit volunteers. Hire & train volunteers.
Control and evaluate volunteer program
10. Develop a system for measuring the overall impact of the program
11. Develop a system for recognizing the contributions of volunteers
12. Collect feedback from volunteers on their experience.
13. Implement program improvements based on feedback
14. Compile data on contributions and analyze the internal and external impact of the program.
Benefits of becoming a VISTA member
In addition to the reward of serving your country and giving back to the community, VISTA members benefits of service include, but are not limited to:
- Student loan deferment
- Skills and training
- Living allowance
- Limited health benefit options
- Education Award upon completion of service to help pay for college, graduate school, or vocational training, or to repay student loans
- Career opportunities with leading employers from the private, public and nonprofit sectors
To Apply, fill out the AmeriCorps application at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=80629&fromSearch=true
*Watch this video to learn more about VISTA program: https://youtu.be/WkEONyeU2Wk or go to https://www.vistacampus.gov/
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Nathalie Martinez-Vowels at email@example.com for recruitment. Once candidate is selected, s/he must complete Americorps VISTA application here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=80629&fromSearch=true