Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1730 W Greenleaf Ave
Assist the English as a Second Language instructor teach classes of 25-30 adult refugee students, brainstorm classroom activities with the instructor, and help create a fun English language learning environment.
1) Work with several students to provide assistance in English learning;
2) Collaborate with the ESL Instructor to create learning activities for students;
3) Help review completed assignments and suggest ways to improve or supplement assignments;
4) Have the potential to teach more advanced ESL courses to small groups of students;
5) Provide positive feedback on student's progress and encourage students' continued focus on achieving English proficiency.
How To Apply
Fill out our volunteer application! http://www.ecachicago.org/application.aspx
Contact: Michael Krepps | Volunteer Coordinator | email@example.com | (773) 508-0303 x.116