Seatte Cancer Care Alliance Guest Services Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
825 Eastlake Ave E.
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is seeking volunteers to provide information and social support for oncology patients and families at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Clinic. Guest Services Volunteers work in the Main Lobby on the first floor.
- Provide excellent customer service for patients and families who enter the clinic through the main lobby or call the Guest Services Desk.
- Provide information about Seattle and the Lake Union area, including restaurants, grocery stores, shopping areas, bus routes, shuttle services and recreational activities.
- Assist the Volunteer Services staff with distributing donated tickets for special events and other diversionary activities to patients’ families.
- Assist with patient parking validation and requesting taxicabs and special transportation (HopeLink, First Hill Shuttle, etc) for patients as needed.
- Distribute maps/shuttle schedules, general information on Clinic (brochures, classes).
New volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months. Volunteers assist an average of one 4 hour shift per week. Currently Recruiting for shifts on Wednesday's 8 am – 12 pm, Thursday 8 am -12 pm , every other Thursday 12 pm - 4 pm and Friday’s 8 am – 12 pm.
How To Apply
To learn more about the volunteer opportunities available, the process for applying and the application itself, please visit www.sccavolunteer.org. Orientations are offered quarterly in January, May, July and October.
For more information e-mail email@example.com or 206-606-1072