Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO BOX 823
Natick, M A 01760
SPARK Kindness is seeking a Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator (5 hours per week). This is a volunteer position, with the potential of expanding in the future.
● Flexible schedule
● Ability to work from home
● Work closely with the SPARK Team
● Evening and weekend program and team meeting commitments
● Full year position with lighter summer schedule
Position: SPARK Volunteer Coordinator
● Sourcing and recruiting volunteers through various techniques
● Collecting information on availabilities and skills
● Arranging for appropriate training when needed
SPARK Kindness is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage our growing team of volunteers. This Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for cultivating relationships, allocating responsibilities and communicating with volunteers. The overall goal of this position is to of recruit, support and retain volunteers.
- Applicants must enjoy working with people, possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
Responsibilities Include :
● Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
● Collect information on availabilities and skills
● Arrange for appropriate training when needed
● Produce schedules for everyday activities
● Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
● Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
● Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
● Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
● Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
● Εnsure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
● Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
● Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to provide clear instructions and follow through
● Work effectively with staff, volunteers, board members, and community members.
Enjoys being a team player both on the organizational and community level.
● Professional ethics, discretion, and courtesy in dealing with others.
SPARK Kindness, Inc. is a 501 (c )(3) non-profit organization. SPARK stands for S uccessful P ositive A uthentic R esilient K ids. SPARK’s mission is to build a kind, resilient and inclusive community where no one feels alone, bullied, unsupported or unconnected. We do so through: (1) offering FREE programs & resources; (2) building awareness; and (3) creating positive community partnerships that support families.
SPARK is based in Natick, Massachusetts, with over 4000 members, including parents, caregivers, educators, and community members. SPARK’s work includes:
● Creating and organizing a speaker series in Natick, called "Resilient Parent, Resilient Child." This series offers FREE programs with both local and national experts on topics that are important to support family and youth resilience, including mental health, substance abuse prevention, healthy relationships, and digital citizenship.
● Creating and running FREE small discussion groups and workshops for families to build resiliency skills. The goal is to provide an opportunity to practice skills and language offered by larger programs and SPARK concepts/resources in a more personal environment. Many of these programs also offer free childcare and meals to participants.
● Consulting and supporting other towns and organizations that have adopted SPARK’s model of community organizing and building connection, and are members of the growing SPARK Network.