Somali-English Translator (Volunteer)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by International Women's Initiative
Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Director of the Safe Birthing Programme, the Translator supports the mission of International Women’s Initiative by providing accurate, timely, and reliable translation services for the Safe Birthing Programme. This position requires someone who is fluent in both English and Somali, is self-motivated, reliable, organised, thorough and timely. This is a volunteer position which is performed remotely.
▪ Translates educational materials for the Safe Birthing Programme from English to Somali.
▪ Translation services will be restricted to translating documents. Live/in-person translation is not needed.
▪ Translation must be precise as this is for a medical programme.
▪ Render translation in an accurate and precise manner.
▪ Able to meet deadlines.
▪ Basic proofreading of documents.
▪ Must maintain IWI’s strict code of integrity. Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated and will place the employee at risk of immediate dismissal.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned.
Fluent in English.
Fluent in Somali.
Preferably a background in medical translation services.
How To Apply
For more information email : email@example.com