A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
EXPECTATIONS: Part Time 4-8 hours/month and meetings
ABOUT ROOTS TRIBE YOGA
Roots Tribe Yoga (RTY) is a non-profit organization that fosters cultural diversity, unity and mindfulness. We work internationally and focus our work in African nations through working with Peace Corps Volunteers. Through our curriculum, we empower our students to step into their fullest potential, and provide them with the skills and tools they need to create the changes they wish to see within their lives and communities. The RTY method consists of a unique curriculum which includes asana practice, breathwork, mindfulness and meditation, discussion, creativity, journaling, games and laughter.
We are small, highly collaborative organization seeking a Board Member to join our team! We value follow through, positive work morale, dreaming big, and having fun! If you are passionate about children, wellness, and service work, and meet our qualifications we would love to hear from you!
Roots Tribe Yoga is looking for a Board Member to support the organization's growth and development. The Board Member will be a key member of the RTY team primarily working to support the financial health of the organization through fundraising strategies. As a board member you will oversee the overall health of the organization and vote to make major decisions on strategy and direction.
- Attend all virtual meetings- 6/year including one in-person board retreat
- Participate in implementing fundraising strategies and securing financial resources for RTY to fulfill its mission
- Work with other Board members to review and oversee the financial health (budget) of RTY
- Determine the vision and strategic plan for RTY
- Find and evaluate opportunities for the organization’s growth
- Act as a mentor to a Roots Tribe Yoga staff member and oversee the Executive Director
- As needed join RTY Board Committees to support specific projects and programs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, creative, and passionate about Roots Tribe Yoga’s mission
- A minimum of one year of non-profit, service related, volunteer, or board member experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team
RTY is an international organization that is based in Pennsylvania but our team of staff and volunteers work all over the world. The Board Member can be located anywhere in the US but applicants should be comfortable working with the team virtually and communicating regularly.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail a resume, and brief cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject: RTY Board Member Application
- International Volunteers