Times of day
A few hours per week
307 West 38th Street
GMHC is a not-for-profit, data-driven, volunteer-supported, and community-based organization committed to national leadership in the fight against HIV/AIDS. We provide HIV prevention and coordinated care services to people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS in New York City.
The Administrative Assistant Volunteer will provide administrative support for the Nutrition Health Education Program, such as appointment reminder calls to clients and organizing files and program materials. The Assistant will report to the Community Nutrition Educator and work closely with the Nutrition Program Assistant.
Tasks of the Administrative Assistant Volunteer:
- Conduct weekly calls reminding clients of appointments and outstanding documentation.
- Participate in the organization of client archives
- Process and store client confidential documents, including but not limited to, laboratory reports and other medical information, insurance information, contact information and other Private Health Information.
We expect a minimum of 5 hours per week.
Monday or Thursday afternoons would be best, but this is flexible.
Volunteer should have intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel.
The ideal candidate for this volunteer possesses most or all of the following:
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Must exhibit passion and patience for our clients, even during time of stress and frustration.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all time.
- Have a sense of innovation.
1.5 hour Volunteer Orientation
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you are interested, please email Shelley Levine at ShelleyL@gmhc.org.