A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
If you are someone who is passionate about volunteering for a non-profit, have an eye for identifying fundraising opportunities, along with a joy of writing then consider a volunteer opportunity as a grant writer. LA Works Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for experienced volunteers age 55+ who can research and identify funding for our partner organizations. The pro bono grant writer we are looking for will have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills.
Responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Research, develop, and write inquiries, letters, and other fundraising documents
- Draft proposals and other correspondence to solicit grant funds
- Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements
- Ensure proposals and grant reports are submitted by the deadline(s)
- Experience in philanthropy and non-profits a plus
- Proven experience as a nonprofit grant writer a big plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient in writing, communications or relevant field a plus
Current Nonprofits Looking for Grant Help:
L.A. Works' Pro Bono and Skilled Volunteering Program is an exciting way to unite retired skilled professionals with local nonprofits to make good things happen in LA and beyond. We help organizations express their needs and wants as thoroughly defined and scoped projects, and connect them with volunteers who want to offer their professional skills. Our goal is to support and build nonprofits around Los Angeles to serve all those in need.
Although we appreciate all inquiries about assisting LA Works achieve its mission; our Pro Bono program specifically targets older individuals who are retired in order to utilize their skills and experience along with building new ones. Please email Andrew Ramaglia at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 323-224-6510 x 111 for more information.