Children’s Enrichment Program Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crossroads Rhode Island Domestic Violence Program
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- Work with staff to implement meaningful and engaging activities, projects, games, and crafts for our young residents during the evening and weekends.
- Provide homework help and/or tutoring support to child survivors from kindergarten to high school during school year.
- Provide respite childcare for 1-3 hours, Monday-Friday, while children’s parents are attending meetings or appointments.
- With the help of other volunteers, lead fun activities with children in our programs on Tuesday evenings.
- Assist with parenting group.
- Provide support, encouragement, and guidance to children and mothers.
- Assist with the upkeep of the children’s space.
- Other various tasks.
This position provides valuable resources for our program and enriches the lives of children affected by domestic violence. Volunteers will work with the family advocate to develop programming for the children that will encourage the development of skills that can be impacted by the instability and trauma of domestic violence.
Time Commitment: Minimum 4 hours per week served together between the hours of 9:00 AM and 8:30 PM Monday through Friday and some weekends. Length of commitment is three - six months.
Skills Needed: Sensitivity to and concern for women and children in crisis; enjoys children and works well with them; dependability; maturity and good judgment; strong interpersonal skills; ability to listen without judging or advising; some computer skills and bilingual ability in English/Spanish very helpful.
Training Required: All direct service volunteers are required to complete our comprehensive domestic violence training. BCI & DCYF check required.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Domestic Violence Program Volunteer Coordinator