Outreach and Recruitment Committee Chair
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by AALUSC (African Ancestral Lesbians United for Societal Change)
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Various Locations throughout NYC
AALUSC is a grassroots community based group run by and for Women of Color (WOC) whom identify under the rainbow of LGBTQI – NGC+.
AALUSC, formerly known as African Ancestral Lesbians United for Societal Change was founded in 1974 as Salsa Soul Sisters, Third World Wimmin Inc. AALUSC is committed to the spiritual, cultural, educational, economic and social empowerment of African Ancestral Womyn. We are dedicated to making our voices heard in advocacy of womyn's rights.
The need for an organization like AALUSC in the Lesbian community in 1974 is not the same for our community in current times and therefore in keeping out doors open, AALUSC is undergoing a rebranding and restructuring. Part of this restructuring includes rebuilding our membership, our board and becoming more diverse in the members we serve and addressing their needs.
AALUSC is seeking an individual that is interested in being the Outreach and Recruitment Committee Chair. This individual must support and is dedicated to the empowerment, growth, needs and well-being of LGBT Women of Color
Committee Specific Responsibilities
· Develop and implement outreach plan that is specific to engage women of color whom identify under the LGBTQI-GNC+ rainbow
· Develop and implement outreach plan specific to engage women ages 13-24 whom identify as LGBTQI-GNC+
· Develop and implement outreach and recruitment plan specifically to identify volunteers for AALUSC events and activities, pride parade and activities and other activities and needed
· Work with Committee Chairs to develop and implement outreach plan specific to recruit committee members for specific AALUSC committees
· Work with Board Chair to develop and implement outreach plan specific to recruit members of the Board
· Organize and/or identify opportunities to outreach to and engage the community
· Identify agencies, CBOs and/or individuals whom mission or work aligns with that of AALUSC or can benefit the population we serve, with which AALUSC can develop partnerships and reciprocal lines of support and allyship and service provision
· Prepare required report and written materials
· Is a member of the Board
· Reports to the Board Chair
· Sets tone for the committee work for which they Chair
· Makes arrangements for meeting and notifies members of date, time and place of meeting.
· Ensures that members have the information needed to do their jobs.
· Oversees the logistics of committee's operations.
· Involves all members in the decision making.
· Keeps a written file of work of committee.
· Reports to the full Board on committee's decisions/recommendations.
· Assigns work to the committee members, sets the agenda and runs the meetings, and ensures distribution of meeting minutes.
· Initiates and leads the committee's annual evaluation.
· Commitment to organization and its principles, mission, vision and goals
· Commit to a minimum of twelve (10) hours a month
· Participate in Board and Committee meetings and Organizational activities and events
· Assist in developing and organizing fundraising activities
· Utilize skills, talents and ideas to help carry out the mission and vision of AALUSC
· Provide perspective and input by sharing ideas, giving feedback and following through and providing updates on responsibility and tasks
· Strategic and organizational planning
· Strong leadership and collaborative skills
· Strong communication skills
· Decisiveness in order to tackle and resolve difficult issues and to keep the business of the board moving.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Training Provided
- Language/Cultural Support Available