Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
As a UI/UX Designer for AsylumConnect, you will play an integral role in the catalog development process. Your designs will allow us to add exciting new features and functionality to our resource catalog. In this role, you will develop new features, from wireframes to high-fidelity mockups, building upon the standards laid out in our existing UI kit. We’re looking for a reliable and highly-skilled UI/UX Designer who is passionate about helping LGBTQ asylum seekers find safe resources in their new home.
- Work with AsylumConnect's developers to create a design system for AsylumConnect.
- Gather and evaluate user research and requirements, in collaboration with relevant team members.
- Create and present wireframes to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Develop new mockups and prototypes for desktop and mobile, adhering to and improving style guidelines set in AsylumConnect’s UI kit.
- Prepare designs for handoff to developer, clearly illustrating how site functions and looks.
- Create original graphic designs to use on site (e.g. icons, images, sketches and tables).
- Ability to work with standards on fonts, colors and images laid out in AsylumConnect’s UI kit.
- Previous experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role.
- Experience creating design systems strongly preferred.
- Portfolio of design projects demonstrating knowledge of UX process.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. InVision).
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (our current design files are all in Sketch).
- Previous experience working with developers.
How To Apply
- Why AsylumConnect? What specifically about our cause resonates with you? (Maximum of 300 words)
- Why are YOU the right person for this position? (Maximum of 400 words)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the above application questions along with your resume/cv. *If you have a sample letter of inquiry or grant proposal, please also include it in your application.