The social media coordinator will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active WPA4A campaigns, engage the public and increase online presence. The social media coordinator will directly contribute to increasing WPA4A’s capacity to help families understand how to use natural medicine for autism by raising public awareness of cannabis/autism issues and communicating progress on specific WPA4A campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The social media coordinator will:
· Identify key online channels for WPA4A to establish a presence
· Develop a social media strategy to support the organization’s campaigns and fundraising activities, and establish targets for increasing online reach
· Post regular updates to WPA4A’s social media outlets, including news articles, blog posts, press releases, fundraising appeals, and any other promotional items
· Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
· Adapt general WPA4A campaign messaging for the different outlet-specific audiences
· Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest)
· Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
· Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners
· Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
· Works well independently and as part of a team
· Bilingualism an asset
Benefits and recognition:
This position provides valuable experience for Communications, Education, Cannabis, and NonProfit Management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the cannabis field; and anyone with a passion for helping autism families learn about a safe and natural medicine.
Volunteers are highly valued members of the WPA4A team and contribute to making a significant difference in WPA4A’s ability to help families help their autistic children. WPA4A will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
WPA4A is the world’s leading voice for autism and cannabis education. As a 501 (c)(3) with 20,000 supporters and a handful of volunteers, WPA4A works with doctors, cannabis professionals, and autism families to bring awareness about the possible benefits of cannabis for autism symptom management. Our vision is that families all over the world will one day have access to cannabis as a first treatment option to help their autistic family member. To learn more about WPA4A, visit wpa4a.org.
The social media coordinator will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. He/she will use social media outlets to promote active WPA4A campaigns, engage the public and…