AmeriCorps VISTA position for Marketing at SAVE
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Flint Hills Volunteer Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
AmeriCorps VISTA members make a full-time, one-year commitment to alleviate poverty in a particular community. Their role in alleviating poverty is to mobilize community resources, increase the capacity of the low-income community to achieve its goals, and ensure that the activities initiated or expanded as an AmeriCorps VISTA member are sustained by the community.
Program: The SAVE Farm is a teaching farm and healing center for transitioning service members and veterans whose mission is to:
- Provide accredited education and skills in a teaching farm environment
- Facilitate healing for those in need, helping service members regain life fulfilling purpose
- Assist in post-training placement on working farms.
Title: Marketing VISTA
Position Summary: This VISTA will help transitioning service members and veterans learn agricultural vocations. Major functions include managing SAVE's social media presence while aiding in advertising and fundraising efforts.
- Assess the current state of marketing utilized by SAVE and create or revise the marketing plan to improve its effectiveness.
- Through direct work with the Director, establish a strategic marketing plan for community engagement, internal communications, highlighting best practices and participant success and creating awareness of the mission and vision of SAVE.
- Implement strategic marketing and communications plans.
- Enhance digital presence through the SAVE website.
- Track and report progress of strategic marketing plans.
- Be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
- Be a US citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Complete successful criminal history background check.
- Communicate well with people from a variety of backgrounds, including service members
- Own a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Applicant should hold a four-year degree in marketing or something similar, or four years of relevant work experience, or a combination thereof.
- Independent worker
- Possess strong writing and time management skills
- Experience and enjoyment with all forms social media
- Working knowledge of website design.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided