A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
601 North Golden Circle Drive
Want to gain valuable event planning, marketing, and financial development skills? Help us plan our annual Heroes Luncheon!
On May 3rd the American Red Cross will honor and celebrate heroes in our community: individuals who have saved a life, made our community a safer place, or gone above and beyond to help someone in need in Orange County. Leading up to the event we need help coordinating and preparing for the event.
- Attend monthly event planning meetings (most often during regular business hours)
- Providing logistical support for events as needed, including menu, decor, rental eqiupment, etc.
- Assist with invitation creation, mailing and RSVPs, as needed
- Assist with guest check-in for events, as needed
- Assistance in capturing contact information for all event attendees and ensuring they are included on mailing lists for newsletters, appeals and future events
- Assist with auction table activities, as needed
- Following up with event attendees with thank you card, phone calls, etc., as needed
- Support additional event associates, as needed
- Previous professional or personal event planning experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Previous marketing experience helpful
- An average of 2 hours a week, with the exception of before, during and after the event, which is up to 10 hours per week (including the event itself)
- Volunteer hours occur primarily during regular office hours (Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), with the exception of the events
- Training Provided