Volunteer ESL Teacher
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans (CIANA)
Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
31-09 Newtown Avenue
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA is seeking a volunteer teacher for our English as a Second Language classes, offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30 AM to 12 PM. We have a diverse client population of Arabic, Spanish, and Bengali speakers, with the expectation that the volunteer will teach for all 10 weeks.
- Write and deliver English lessons that incorporate reading, writing, speaking, and listening components based on a curriculum
- Provide life skills and practical English in a fun and accessible way
- Collaborate with ESL coordinator to assess students’ progress, needs, and feedback about instruction
- Highly organized and motivated to help students achieve their goals
- Possesses a growth-mindset and utilizes constructive feedback
- Is a dynamic and interactive communicator
- Engages with and is respectful of cultural differences
- Fluency in another language (especially Spanish, Arabic, or Bengali) is a big plus!
Students enrolled in a TESOL program or retired teachers are encouraged to apply. Prior experience is not necessary but is preferred. Training will be provided for the right candidates.
How To Apply
Please E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org