EQWIP HUBs - Facilitation and Training Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by EQWIP HUBs Powering Sustainable Youth Livelihoods
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Duration: 12 months
Country: Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language Requirements: Fluent in English or French or Spanish
2018 Departure Dates: September 2018, November 2018, January 2019, March 2019
Supervisor: Training Coordinator
The EQWIP HUBs Facilitation & Training Assistant will work with staff and local partner organizations to develop and strengthen the project platforms that support youth access to employment and business opportunities.
As the Facilitation and Training Assistant, you will support the Training Coordinator in planning and delivering youth employment and entrepreneurship training programs. This includes of the onboarding of youth participants, planning and logistics, co-facilitating training as required, supporting peer-to-peer learning and coordinating workshops with partner organizations.
- Coordinate and support delivery of training workshops
- Assist with logistical arrangements for facilitation such as scheduling activities, preparation of materials, communications with participants, arranging travel, and coordinating facilitators
- Co-facilitate workshops and provide support to youth participants as necessary
- Provide support to local youth participants in using the online platform for registration and training activities
- Collaborate with the Youth Engagement Officer and the Training Coordinator towards outreach/promotion efforts and reviewing targets to recruit youth participants for training programs and workshops
- Assist with the screening and selection of youth participants for the Foundational, Employability and Entrepreneurship training programs
- Assist with administrative tasks such as tracking and submitting attendance
- Support data collection activities for monitoring and evaluation aspects of the project
- Additional responsibilities and tasks will be assigned according to needs
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent professional experience in education, social sciences, community development, youth work, ESL.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and/or experience facilitating training using participatory methods.
- Knowledge of or experience with entrepreneurship, or employment skills training considered an asset.
- Experience with blended learning and e-learning considered an asset.
- Experience working/volunteering in a less developed country is considered an asset.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply