A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Pet Pride of New York is a no-kill cat shelter located in the town of Victor, NY. We take in cats and kittens and provide them with healthcare, food and rehabilitation. We handle our cats daily and allow them to play and socialize freely. Most importantly, we do not euthanize our cats to make room for more. Our goal is to adopt our cats into loving forever homes, which is possible thanks to the public’s financial support.
We are planning to expand and re-structure our organization and are in need of someone who could help by serving as a Social Media Coordinator. We need this person to take our organization on-line presence to the next level. The person should have excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
· Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then making a recommendation on the information found.
· Develop and implement marketing strategies for organization’s social media site. This might include, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers.
· The social media coordinator must stay at the leading edge of industry trends, to create a marketing strategy that generates inbound leads, gains followers, and creates a positive image for the organization.
· Regularly evaluating the success of marketing efforts and tweaking marketing strategy as needed. Must know what type of content works best on what platform, optimize content accordingly, as well as understand the different nuances of each platform.
· The successful social media person will know that our social media presence is our brand’s face online and that whatever they say or do on social media is a representation of the brand.
Note: Note that this is a volunteer position. You can work from home. We anticipate 2-3 hours per week but this is flexible.