A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
2342 Shattuck Ave. #323
The Board of Directors of San Francisco Classical Voice (SFCV) is the governing body of the organization and has fiduciary responsibility for its financial health, as well as leadership in such areas as planning for its future, making major policy decisions, setting long- and short-term goals, and hiring and supervising the Executive Director.
The Board meets four times per year for reports and discussion about such key areas as fundraising, finance, marketing, site performance, and strategy.
During the 2018-2019 season, the Board would like to expand its number from eight to twelve.
Board members are asked to:
· Serve as ambassadors for SFCV in the community;
· Make SFCV a philanthropic priority with a gift of $5,000;
· Attend all board meetings (in person or by phone);
· Make connections with other individuals, foundations, and corporations and help solicit contributions;
· Purchase tickets for fundraising events;
We are particularly interested in recruiting board members who are able to support specific initiatives within the newly adopted Strategic Plan, characterized as follows:
· Connections to institutional (foundation and corporate) funders in the region
· Connections to Bay Area and Los Angeles arts institutions and arts philanthropists.
· Expertise in technical areas including: market research and analytics; technology and publishing; mobile apps, podcasts.
· Expertise in nonprofit arts management, especially in the area of budgeting and finance.
Board members should love music (not limited to classical) but by no means need sophisticated classical musical knowledge; they should believe in the importance of high-quality music journalism to enhance the experience of music and overall well-being of the arts community; they should want to invest as a leader of the community by serving SFCV.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and/or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com, and let us know why you would like to volunteer as a board member.