A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
6115 S Santa Fe Drive
PURPOSE OF JOB: Assist with the cultural practices of gardening.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Raking, weeding, watering, fertilizing, mulching, pruning, deadheading, planting, removing plants, and non-chemical pest control as needed.
· Other basic landscaping or gardening tasks as needed.
· Weekly shifts occur on Tuesdays, April 24, 2018 through September 25, 2018.
· Shifts are scheduled from 8 AM – 11 AM.
· Weekly or bi-weekly commitment preferred.
· Outdoors, onsite at Hudson Gardens.
Attire and Equipment (provided by the volunteer):
· Closed-toe shoes.
· Hand pruners, soil knife, and hand-saw (provided by volunteer, if you have).
· Gardening gloves.
· Water bottle and sun protection (recommended).
· This position may involve the use of hand tools provided by Hudson Gardens.
· This position may involve the use of small equipment such as a rototiller.
· Must be aged 16 or older.
· Must be able to work in a team or part of a group.
· Stand, walk, and/or sit.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
· Reach with hands and arms.
· Climb or balance.
· Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
· Talk or hear.
· Lift up to 25 pounds.
CONTACT: Community Programs & Outreach, 303-797-8565 ext. 306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Training Provided