Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Greater Seattle Area
ConnecT1D is seeking new members to join the working board of an organization dedicated to building a Type 1 Diabetes community for families, teens, and adults. Board members lead committees and programs, chair events, conduct community outreach, and collaborate with the Executive Director on finance, communications, and fundraising. We are especially looking for board members with experience in volunteer recruitment and coordination, event planning, and fundraising, and/or with legal, marketing, and strategic planning backgrounds.
Purpose: To serve the on the ConnecT1D Board of Directors as a voting member; to inform organizational vision, development of community and donor relationships, and procedures and regulations for the operation of ConnecT1D. Board members are responsible to ensure implementation of the organization’s mission.
Term: One term equals two years.
- Attend monthly evening board meetings
- Attend a full-day annual board retreat
- Provide mission-based oversight of the organization’s activities and staff
- Create strategic goals for growth and development of the organization
- Approve and monitor annual budget and secure funding for programming
- Serve as a board lead on a key program area for the organization or as a member of the executive committee
Additionally, board members are expected to:
- Serve on one board committee and complete tasks for that workgroup
- Participate in fundraising efforts for the organization, including organizing a table at our annual event, and making an annual personally significant gift that reflects ConnecT1D as a philanthropic priority
- Enhance community connections to ConnecT1D to new partners, program participants, sponsors and fellow Type 1 Diabetes organizations
- Passion for or connection to our mission
- Experience with successful collaboration in teams and/or leadership of teams
- Experience in at least one area: non-profit governance, legal, community organizing, fund development, health/social support programs, marketing/outreach, finance/accounting, program development, strategic planning
- Prior board experience highly desirable
How To Apply
The application for Board Members can be found at the bottom of the page.