Times of day
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Want to help to change lives and empower local communities with a life-long impact?<img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/XZ4XPdXPDK8bm6Qc2Ek6oiDysYfhNhJXWpETUM0R9dR-kh7tv1LACWYUg1ranEdVaNdwKDbNUjlsxPMm90b7OUDgapH8KdzvzUpUmah-stXE7hMbEG_GL1pyEd0Tu6UwTRij6Cpl" alt="DFD.png" height="140" width="193">
Nurses for Nurses is a registered Canadian Charity that works in rural communities of Nicaragua. Our goal is to increase access to healthcare and education in rural Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their communities.
We are life-long, local, life-saving.
Job Summary & Essential Duties
The position of Nurse Volunteer is responsible for being part of a team of nurses and working towards a common goal – that of raising both awareness and funds for our programs in Nicaragua. Successful individuals will be responsible for representing Nurses for Nurses at our flagship monthly Toronto Event, Development Works - an international development speaker series to improve ID knowledge for all Nurses in the GTA. You can find our podcast - Development Works - recorded live at the event on iTunes, Playstore and Podcast Garden. This position is located in Toronto, Ontario, and requires 5 hours/month.
- Being an essential member of the team of nurses dedicated to learning best practices in international development by attending our monthly Development Works event
- Connect with all members of Nurses for Nurses (NFN) at our monthly event
- Act as a spokesperson for NFN to recruit and inform other potential Nurse Volunteers
- Be passionate about our cause, and actively engage in opportunities as they arise
- Independent work ethic and past experience in fundraising and promoting a cause
- A strong communicator and public speaker
- A thorough understanding of public health or women’s rights or rural healthcare
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset
- Experience in international development and/or NGO’s is an asset
- Commitment of approximately 3-4 hours/week.
How to join our team?
- Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Include the Job Title in the subject line as well as where you saw this ad, for example ‘Nurse Volunteer - Indeed’
We cannot wait for you to join our team of dynamic professionals, finding creative solutions to complex problems!
If you require an accommodation of any kind in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.