A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Are you passionate about social media marketing? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally? Volunteer with the West Park Cultural Center.
The West Park Cultural Center uses arts and culture as a central tool in programs that help youth tap their creative and academic potential and where residents can access the arts, education, and other development/support programs that contribute to their personal development.
As the Social Media Manager (SMM) at WPCC, you'll be responsible for managing and delivering all social media activities for our organization. In this highly visible role, you will "own" social media.
As the Social Media Marketing Manager at WPCC, you will be responsible for:
• Managing the social media marketing strategy and campaigns for WPCC; focusing on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
• Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach, etc).
• Communicating in a professional, but unique social media "voice" appropriate for WPCC.
• Develop relevant content topics to reach our audience.
• Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
• Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Engage in conversations and answer questions
• Create and maintain a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
• 2+ Years of Social Media experience on all major social media platforms - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Skilled in using and navigating social media networks' native web apps, 3rd party social media tools, and "the internet" to run it all.
• Experience with Social media Tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Postcron, Bit.ly and other social media tools.
• Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to verifiable examples of social media marketing successes and wins.)
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Maintains excellent writing, language and communication skills.
• Self-motivated, organized, hungry for a challenge, and looking to make an immediate impact.
• Social media "power user", fully entrenched in social media culture and understand the fine line of managing a professional, but effective social media presence.
• Dedicated, smart, creative, accountable, willing to go the extra mile, and really "get it".
To apply please reply to this positing with a Letter of Interest detailing your experience.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a Letter of Interest including your relevant experience to Niesha Kennedy, PR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.