Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Social Media, Website, Newsletter)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Give to the World
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
District of Columbia
GTTW is seeking a marketing coordinator to execute marketing plans across our online platforms. The volunteer will not be operating independently, but will work with a broader team of passionate volunteers. This role will support the lead volunteer who manages the fundraising and marketing efforts to create brand awareness for the organization.
- Create online campaign materials that align with the nonprofit goals
- Oversee day-to-day marketing execution following established timelines and budgets
- Create content to maintain website relevant
- Coordinate social media messaging with fundraising and marketing lead volunteer
- Assist in drafting quarterly newsletters
GTTW is seeking a collaborative, creative and self-driven volunteer looking to gain experience in a volunteer-run organization. No prior professional experience required, 2 years of university studies in related fields preferred.
- Have excellent communication skills (for example writing skills)
- Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Wix, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Basic website management, some knowledge of graphic design
- Ability to create content relevant to nonprofit mission and values
- Passionate about social issues and humanitarian assistance
- Good judgement
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commit to approximately 10 flexible hours a month.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation; however, we can write you a strong letter of recommendation.