Have some Non-profit Board Skills? Join Redmond Historical Society
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Redmond Historical Society
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Redmond Historical Society
8525 - 163rd Crt NE
A resident of Pacific Northwest or just want to find out some interesting facts of Redmond's local history? Join as Redmond Historical Society's working Board of Directors as the next Board Member at Large.
You will get an opportunity to exercise your non-profit board skills as well!!
Volunteer job functions:
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings (nine Board Meeting a year)
- Reads and responds to email. Responds to voice mail.
- Regularly attends Saturday Speaker Programs and supports committee responsibilities at that time.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in standing committee and ad hoc committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews,
- comments on minutes and reports and participates in discussions and deliberations.
- Gets to know other Board and committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that
- contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the board’s planning and annual evaluation efforts.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization.
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Varies, at least one day a week, including Board meetings.