Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Sayariy-Resurgiendo has a volunteer opportunity for grant writers to help seek funds for projects for communities living in vulnerable and precarious situations. Bring your experience and talent to a meaningful cause and further your skills.
Sayariy-Resurgiendo is a Peruvian NGO working directly with people from disadvantaged communities, building safe spaces where children can grow up in an environment free of violence but with respect and equality of opportunities. We promote environmental awareness, as well as historical and cultural memory. Our organisation aims to collaborate with the communities to foster empowerment so they can continue sustainable progress and grow in a safe and positive manner. In this way being agents of their own progress.
We are seeking enthusiastic Grant Writers to help us fund our organisational growth and development. The ideal candidates should be able to develop grant proposals with a gender equality focus, and research potential funders and partners. Have fundraising experience and be skilled in identifying, researching, cultivating, and soliciting new funders. The individuals must have the ability to deepen partnership relationships to encourage renewed and increased contributions. Candidates for this position must have knowledge of the nonprofit sector, particularly in the development and education fields.
- With the support of the Sayariy Management Team research, organize, write, and edit successful grant applications that exhibit strong expository writing skills, and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Prepare and submit letters of inquiry, proposals, and grant requests to potential funders.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Meet deadlines.
- Proactively research new sources of foundation, corporate, and government funds.
- Maintain organized and accurate grant and prospect files detailing contacts, proposals, and donor communications.
- Understanding of our mission and organizational philosophy.
- Gender equality awareness.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Experience in writing funding proposals in the development and education fields in a clear, and concise manner.
- A high degree of professionalism with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Experience using online funding resources, tools, and databases.
- Knowledge of foundation, corporate, and government funding streams and cycles, as well as current and effective fundraising tools, techniques, and practices.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Intermediate and above level of Spanish is advantageous.
- University degree preferred.
- Work experience of 1-3 years is desired.
· Directly impact efforts to fund education-related, economic empowerment and emotional support projects.
· Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization.
· Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization
· Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented
· Build your experience for your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
· Advance your Spanish
· Language & cultural support available
The position is remote part-time with an expectation of 8 hours of work per week. Alternatively it can be on-site full-time as part of our international volunteer team.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers