SOCIAL MEDIA VOLUNTEER, MUSEUM OF HUMANITY LOS ANGELES
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Museum of Humanity, Los Angeles
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The future Museum of Humanity is looking for a volunteer to assist the organization with the development of its first social engagement strategy. The candidate will help MOHLA with the following tasks:
- Developing the content of the museum’s social media streamline
- Establishing consistency of message across multiple networks
- Creating MOHLA’s initial newsletter database
- Designing monthly email communications of the museum
- Researching and analyzing web analytics for regular reports
- Updating the content of the museum’s website
An ideal candidate must:
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical and committed to the mission of MOHLA
- Be ready to work independently and as part of the team
- Have passion for learning, storytelling, technology, and current media trends
Time commitment: Approximately 8 hours per week, 3 months commitment required. The working hours are flexible as long as the candidate meets the deadlines.
About MOHLA: The future museum intends to celebrate humanity in its finest hours. Its purpose is to house and exhibit the best of what the cultures from around the world have to offer throughout the millennia while addressing the many challenges we face as Planet Earth. MOHLA will present art, science, philosophy, dance, music, healing arts, food production, housing, technology, etc. and transfer it onto the latest trans-media platforms for a new educational experience. Our goal is to create this museum as a source of pride for the world to see, a new and thrilling educational adventure into our own humanity that will take its place on the Los Angeles world stage.
MOHLA aims to encourage greater diversity in the cultural sector and, most importantly, to provide work experience to those who need to re-enter the jobs market, redirect their career or boost their CV. Our volunteer program supports all candidates regardless of age, race, marital status, religion, disability, work experience, or any other equality characteristic. All MOHLA needs is your passion, willingness to contribute and talent.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and a short cover letter to Marina Erfle firstname.lastname@example.org