A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Assistance League of Garden Grove
10932 Trask Avenue
The Assistance League of Garden Grove (ALGG) needs your help.
National Assistance League is a national nonprofit organization that puts caring and commitment into action through community-based philanthropic projects. ALGG serves the community and the Garden Grove Unified School District through the following programs:
- Dental Health Center provides low-cost dental care for children whose families are financially unable to meet this need.
- Operation School Bell provides clothing and shoes to needy children in GGUSD who are uncomfortable to attend school because of inadequate clothing.
- G.G. Bear Hug-Teddy bears are given for comfort to child trauma victims.
- Assault Survivor Kit provides clothing, snacks, and personal hygiene to victims of sexual assaults.
We operate a thrift shop in Garden Grove, and it serves as a major source of income for our philanthropic programs. All of our members are volunteers. Our staff is small, and our resources are limited, so we need as many volunteers as we can to help in our shop.
That’s where you come in. We need help with the following:
- Inventory: Sort and tag donations.
- Customer service: work in the thrift shop with our members to assist customers and organize various items in the shop.
If you have the time and are committed to making a difference in Garden Grove, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also more than welcome to come to our chapter house to check out our operation. Any assistance you can give us will be greatly appreciated. We need any support you can give to us.