Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
This essential volunteer position is vital to diminishing the food needs in the City of Alexandria. This person works closely with the Food Program Chair. Responsibilities include overseeing the organization and operation of the ALIVE! Food Warehouse, coordinating with the Capital Area Food Bank and local food pantries for deliveries. There is a team of volunteers to assist with this position. Training will be provided. ALIVE! is the oldest and largest safety net in the City of Alexandria. Come join our ALIVE! Team and make a difference in our community!
ALIVE! Warehouse Food Manager
· Oversees the set-up, organization and operation of the Warehouse, food pantries and refrigerators.
· Manages volunteers in food sorting and racking.
· Coordinates weekly run to Capital Area Food Bank for food pick-up.
· Coordinates weekly deliveries of food to Food Partner Programs sites.
· Coordinates receiving and/or pick-up and sorting of all food donations (i.e., Letter Carriers, Boy Scouts, Turkey Trot, ALIVE! congregations and other faith organizations, grocery collections, seasonal drives, community events).
· Coordinates volunteer packers to assist at the warehouse with sorting and organizing.
· Last Saturday Food Distribution Program Coordination: Communicates with Site Leaders to schedule delivery of food for distributions.
· Prepares the Last Saturday Food Distribution pallet organization to be ready for Friday pick-ups.
· Conducts ongoing inventory of ALIVE! Food Warehouse.
· Prepares and participates in annual inventory for audit purposes.
· Prepares for annual audit of Capital Area Food Bank physical inspection.
- Training Provided