Celebration of American Crafts Sales Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Creative Arts Workshop
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
80 Audubon Street
Creative Arts Workshop's 48th annual Celebration of American Crafts is a showcase and sale of fine crafts for the benefit of this community art school.
Sales Volunteers will learn about the products and artists, greet every customer, actively assist customers in selecting gifts, quickly checkout customers using scanned barcodes and digital cash registers, replenish inventory, and other tasks to keep the sale running smoothly. Sales Volunteers are required to attend a training before the sale begins. Volunteers receive a 5% discount on merchandise and discounted parking in the public garage next to CAW.
This position requires maintaining a consistent weekly shift from November 25-December 24. Shifts run 10am to 2pm and 2pm to 6pm Thursday through Sunday. Additional slots are available for the post Celebration Sale (dates to be determined).
- Outgoing personality with an interest in helping people
- Comfortable using a digital cash register
- Enjoy the sales process
- Willing to learn about the sale, the artists, and their work
- Creative approach to selling original and unique art and high-end crafts
- Previous sales experience or customer service experience a plus but not required
- Prompt and reliable
How To Apply
Please apply by email and include your phone number and a brief description of your experience--not a resume--as well as the shift times you are available. We prefer to have volunteers who can commit to the same shift for the duration of the sale. No phone calls please.