Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
946 North Boulevard
Head Start volunteers assist in Hephzibah’s early enrichment and school readiness program, by being a positive role model to students ages 3-5. Volunteers must be 18 or older and tasks will include assisting our Head Start staff with games, snack, lessons and other enrichment activities. Children improve academically, grow in confidence, and experience positive interaction with adults.
· Must complete volunteer process (application, interview, background check and orientation).
· Must complete Head Start volunteer application.
· Check ins with Volunteer Manager every other month.
· Training will be provided by Volunteer Manager .
· Love of learning, experience with tutoring or education
· Experience working with children
· Reliability, caring and desire to make a difference
· Flexible to adapt to the children’s special needs
Location: Hephzibah Children’s Association, 946 North Blvd in Oak Park
Time Frame: Head Start sessions are held Monday through Thursday, with morning sessions from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30am and an afternoon session from noon to 3:30 p.m. Volunteers commit to at least one hour, one day a week, for three months.
Supervision: Head Start teachers and Head Start Program Director
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact Hannah at email@example.com.