- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you have a passion for defending and strengthening democracy?
Have you ever wanted to help start a nonprofit that will make a positive impact in America and the world?
Want a great volunteer experience that still gives you time for school and extracurricular activities?
Interested in putting your writing & teaching skills to the test?
Join Us at the Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy!
The Center for Free, Fair, and Accountable Democracy (CFFAD) is a new non-profit in formation. We help educate citizens about the benefits of representative democracy, the foundations of trust in representative democracy, and the role of citizens in defending their democracies. We intend that our efforts, along with those of many others, will help contribute to a reversal of emerging anti-establishment and anti-democratic trends so that our policy makers can devote more time to constructively solving the pressing problems in front of us.
CFFAD is seeking talented instructional writers to fill an unpaid volunteer position and play a central role in creating compelling educational materials in a variety of formats including textbooks, webinars, videos, podcasts, blogs, workshops, and public presentations. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to collaborate with other volunteers. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, at least a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Work closely with the President, Directors, and other volunteers to write and create educational materials in a variety of formats including textbooks, webinars, videos, podcasts, blogs, workshops, and public presentations;
- As needed, work with client organizations to tailor existing or new materials to their needs, while ensuring all content are also consistent with CFFAD messages;
- Coordinate closely with the media and marketing volunteers on the format and dissemination of the materials;
- Edit content produced by other members of the team; and,
- Coordinate and collaborate with other volunteers to create innovative content ideas for marketing, recruitment, and fund-raising.
“My experience interning with FFAD couldn’t have been better. I felt like my ideas were making a difference in the direction of the Center, and that gave me a real stake in the organization and its mission. Moreover, I learned new skills while feeling like I was doing something for the greater good.”
- 2018 Volunteer
- At least two years prior experience in creating educational materials and workshops, preferably for adults;
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to communicate and collaborate effectively;
- Desirable but not mandatory: a BA in Communication, Creative Writing, Public Relations or similar field;
- Helpful but not necessary: prior education in the theories of democracy or democratization;
- Willingness and ability to prioritize the mission of CFFAD;
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit; and,
- Ability and commitment to working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience using specific content writing software
- Problem Solving;
- Excellent writing skills; and,
- Collaborative skills.
Requirements & Commitment
- Strong commitment to non-partisan behavior while assisting or representing CFFAD;
- Ability to attend initial orientation or training; and,
- Willingness to volunteer remotely 5-15 hours per week via email and other forms of electronic communication.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please apply at email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are interested in volunteering for, why you are interested, what you hope to contribute, how many hours you can work per week and when, what you hope to learn while at CFFAD, and references from your three most recent volunteer or employee positions. Please also include a resume or CV. Students and recent graduates should please include a PDF of their cumulative GPA. You are most welcome to submit any samples of work you are especially proud of.