Office Manager at Primary School in Tanzania
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The O'Brien School for the Maasai
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
PO Box 16
Summary of the Position:
The Office Manager will serve as the assistant leader of the school. He or she will help manage employees, oversee the school’s daily operations, and assist with office work. Along with the school’s director, the office manager is responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of all projects at the school and oversees all who are working on those projects. The Office Manager is the second-in-command at the school and replaces the Director in cases where the Director is not on the school grounds.
For details on full responsibilities, please visit: www.obrienschool.org/volunteer
· Commitment to service.
· Ability to engage children, faculty, and volunteers.
· Ability to live in a remote area.
· Commitment to working in the field of education and/or non-profit organizations.
· Strong team-building skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Flexibility and adaptability.
· Experience in the education field is helpful.
· Experience working or volunteering abroad is helpful.
· Basic knowledge of Swahili is advised.
· Monthly stipend – to be negotiated with American Board of Directors.
· Room and Board at the O’Brien School for the Maasai (breakfast & lunch Monday through Friday)
· Wi-Fi available at the school.
· Allowed to travel during part of the school vacations – April, June, September, and December.
Hours and Commitment:
· Position would begin in September 2018, but training for the position would commence in August 2018 (date could be negotiated). Commitment of one year is preferred.
· 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Friday while school is in session
· Must be available, with prior notice, for special school events.
· Must live at the school every week (from Sunday night until Friday at 4:00 PM) but is free to leave the school after work on Friday for the weekend.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter and résumé to Andrea Ronquist: firstname.lastname@example.org
With questions, feel free to contact:
Andrea Ronquist - email@example.com - Volunteer Program Manager
Perri Huggins - firstname.lastname@example.org - School Director
Kellie O'Brien - email@example.com - School President & Co-Founder