Times of day
A few hours per month
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Lead a group of volunteers to pick excess fruit in beautiful North County orchards resulting in waste avoidance and and abundant harvests to feed food-insecure individuals and families throughout San Diego.
Why volunteer with ProduceGood?
- Because 40% of food goes to waste and 1 in 5 people in San Diego are food insecure.
What is a Pick Boss?
- Pick Bosses lead and supervises teams of 5-20 volunteers picking fruit for a few hours.
- Pick Bosses will be provided on-the-job training in safety orientation, equipment usage, and general program guidelines
What is the time commitment?
- Pick Bosses commit to working one shift per month for three consecutive months.
- Pick Boss shifts last 3 hours and take place on Saturday mornings (9:00am-12:00pm)
What is the location?
- North County, San Diego (Escondido, Valley Center, Rancho Santa Fe, etc.)
Pick Boss requirements and desired attributes:
- Pick Bosses will have a passion for community service and helping others.
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong leadership and organizational qualities