Supper Club Group Opportunity – Serve a Home-cooked meal
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Foundation Communities
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Foundation Communities is an Austin nonprofit committed to providing long-term affordable housing and supportive services to low-income families and individuals. As an organization we are committed to providing more than just a roof over someone’s head but building strong communities.
Supper Clubs are an opportunity for groups to come together to help build strong communities by providing a nutritious meal and fellowship time to our low-income residents living at a Foundation Communities’ property. This is truly a meaningful and essential service that volunteer groups can provide!
Current Need: Here is a list of our Austin properties. We are looking for more supper club groups to serve on a regular basis at the following properties:
- Arbor Terrace, South central Austin
- Capital Studios, central Austin
- Bluebonnet Studios, central Austin
- Garden Terrace, South Austin
- Skyline Terrace, South Austin
- Volunteer groups should be pre-existing with about 8-15 members.
- Groups are asked to commit to providing on-going meals at one of our properties for a minimum of 4-6 times a year. Service takes 2-3 hours. Scheduling is flexible. Groups typically serve dinner on a weekday or lunch on Saturday.
- Group leader(s) will be provided a site visit and orientation prior to your group's first supper club.
- Volunteer groups will provide all items needed to prepare, serve, and clean up the meal for about 40 people.
- Due to health department rules, all meals need to be prepared off site and brought ready to serve.
Interested in volunteering but don't have a group? We offer monthly Community Supper Clubs, where Foundation Communities provides the entree and individual volunteers sign up to bring side dishes or supplies potluck-style. For more information fill out the interest form linked below and mark Supper Club - Individual as your interest area.