A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Starting from January 2019, we want to increase our funding, and grow to add volunteers in our Worcester office and staff in Liberia. Therefore, we are looking for one qualified individual to be in charge of our BOOKKEEPING. This individual will be needed to handle of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. He/she will perform HR duties such as Payroll and understanding of our employee rights and guidelines. 1-5 years experience as a Bookkeeper is a must while a degree in accounting is preferred.
It will be a plus if the individual has experience filing taxes in general and wants to increase their skills with our non-profit.
- Research affordable bookkeeping tools
- Summarize details in separate ledgers
- Transfer data to general ledger
- Reconciling and balancing accounts
- Maintaining/certifying payroll
- Track donations coming through our website or other places
- File annual taxes (not required but would be a plus)
- Help us with ideas to increase our funding
Who Should Volunteer:
- Individual with Accounting and Finance background
- Individual with bookkeeping certificate and with 1-2 years experience in Payroll
- Individual with bookkeeping certificate and with 2 or more years of experience
- Individual who is retired but looking to use their expert knowledge to assist our organization
- Individual with skills in QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Office
- Individual with all the above (including retired or non-retire)
WE NEED YOU! JOIN US TODAY
How To Apply
What to do:
Please visit our website at www.hvkchildrensfoundation.org go to CAREERS and send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER, any CERTIFICATIONS related to the position.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUME OR COVER LETTER SEND TO OUR EMAIL: YOU MUST USE THE WEBSITE.
Note: The interview will be face-to-face with our CEO and other volunteer members.