2050 Lawrenceville Hwy
Mind Bubble connects Atlanta community members with students at the secondary level to provide opportunities for academic and social-emotional growth through free educational workshops, games, and one-on-one tutoring in every subject area.
Mind Bubble is seeking volunteers to join its Board of Directors. The Board of Directors supports Mind Bubble’s work and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the organization’s staff, the support of the board is essential.
Board members are not directly involved in staffing programs but are very involved in governance and development. Members of the Board of Directors are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization.
- Passionate about volunteering to help children.
- Possesses creative fundraising ideas and the motivation to make them happen.
- Connected to and/or interested in outreach to the local business community.
- Enjoys connecting people and finding partnership opportunities.
- Comfortable reaching out to their network of family and friends about a good cause.
- Strong communication skills, highly organized.
- Remain apprised of new organizational developments.
- Read and understand Mind Bubble's financial statements and otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attend quarterly board meetings, ask questions, and participate in discussions.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Mind Bubble to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to identify and solicit potential donors, as well as directly invest in Mind Bubble’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Represent Mind Bubble in the community and advocate for Mind Bubble’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a letter of interest and a resume. The subject line of the email should be: Board Member.