A few hours per week
641 S Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The CSAJ Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the CSAJ Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and governance in the nonprofit sector. Board members are expected to:
- Read and understand CSAJ’s financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Attend four board meetings per year, at minimum, as well as special meetings and subcommittee meetings.
- Serve on one or more committees of the board and actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for CSAJ to achieve its mission.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff to identify and solicit potential funders and invest in CSAJ’s work by making a personal contribution each year.
- Responsibly represent CSAJ to their respective networks and to advocate for CSAJ’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
CSAJ envisions a world where all people have equal access to physical safety, economic security, and human dignity. We strive toward this vision by developing and promoting advocacy approaches that remove systemic barriers, enhance organizational responses, and improve professional practices to meet the self-defined needs of domestic and sexual violence survivors
CSAJ carries out its work through three Levels of Impact: 1) enhancing individual advocacy through training, tools and individualized strategizing with advocates and lawyers; 2) enhancing community and organizational responses through demonstration site work that assesses the needs of advocates and survivors in context and develops and implements strategic plans responsive to those needs and opportunities to create institutional change; and 3) supporting and leading systems and policy change efforts that target the economic barriers facing survivors.
CSAJ’s primary projects currently include:
Desired Skills and Needed Efforts
We are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with willingness to dedicate efforts to one or more of the following key strategic areas:
- Individual Donor Development and Cultivation
- Foundation and Corporate Development and Partnership Building
- Communications, Media, and Public Relations
- Nonprofit Management and Board Development
- Strategic Planning and Implementation