Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Volunteers have the opportunity to explore environmental issues, peace and intercultural understanding in a series of Photo Marathons in Iceland. The project aims to send messages and draw the attention of the local population through the photographs made during the project. Anybody who is passionate about photography and global issues is welcome to join. The main task will be taking photographs on the given topics. The volunteers will be able to capture unique shots and share photography skills and lessons with other likeminded participants. They will also learn more editing techniques to bring out the best in their shots. At the end of the project, the group will put up an exhibition with the best pictures. The volunteers can also help out in some community service projects such as cleaning green spaces, beautifying gardens and working on the recycling system of the city.
1. Delve deeper into your creative side and capture incredible images.
2. Express your views through art and showcase your talent.
3. Improve your photography and editing skills.
4. Experience the beauty of Iceland and enjoy the cultural exchange with other volunteers.
5. Attend and take pictures at exciting events such as the Icelandic National Day celebrations, the Reykjavik Pride Parade, the Culture Night, the lighting of the Imagine Peace Tower and the Northern lights.
- September 8 - September 17, 2018
- September 18 - September 27, 2018
- September 29 - October 8, 2018
- October 22 - October 31, 2018
- November 1 - November 10, 2018
- November 12 - November 21, 2018
- November 22 - December 1, 2018
- December 3 - December 12, 2018
- December 12 - December 21, 2018
- December 27, 2018 - January 5, 2019
- January 6 - January 15, 2019
- January 17 - January 26, 2019
- January 28 - February 6, 2019
- February 7 - February 16, 2019
- February 18 - February 27, 2019
- February 28 - March 9, 2019
For more information and application, please visit: http://cadip.org/volunteer-in-iceland
How To Apply
Enrollment and other volunteer projects: http://cadip.org
☎ Canada: 416-943-4900; 514-316-8500; 604-628-7400
☎ USA: 646-657-2900; 617-841-0400; 310-882-7400