Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
This volunteer senior leadership position is vital to diminishing the food insecurity in Alexandria , where 1 in 5 families struggle to put food on the table. Responsibilities include: managing the collection, distribution, and accounting of food to thousands in the City of Alexandria. There is a team of volunteers to assist in this process. Training will be provided. ALIVE! is the oldest and largest safety net in our City of Alexandria. Come join our ALIVE! Team and make a difference in our community!
ALIVE! Food Program Chair
· Responsible for ALIVE!’s Food Program that collects and distributes food annually to thousands of families in need in the City of Alexandria.
· Works in tandem with Executive Director on program changes, challenges and resource needs.
· Manages and maintains Food Program databases.
· Manages a committee of volunteer leaders including the warehouse manager, data project managers and supervisors of the ALIVE! food assistance programs.
· Participates in the Hunger Free Alexandria initiative and coordinates with Executive Director on collaboration with all Alexandria food providers.
· Manages food drives by coordinating with sponsors (e.g., U.S. Postal Service), scheduling pickups and arranging for volunteers.
· Manages relationship with the Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) and coordinates deliveries and pickups.
· Coordinates with chairs of the Family Emergency Program and Furniture Program to distribute food through the Home Delivery Program.
· Coordinates with the three LSFD Site Supervisors on food assistance delivery including inventory of food needed, numbers of clients expected, and data collection. Ensures that Capital Area Food Bank requirements are met in coordination with each Site Supervisor.
· Coordinates with City of Alexandria, Alexandria City Public Schools and community partners for food distributions including: Last Saturday Food Distribution sites; Food Partner Program sites, School-Based Program sites.
· Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager for food deliveries (purchased and in-kind donations) to the ALIVE! Warehouse.
· Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager for food deliveries to partnering food assistance distribution sites.
· In coordination with the Executive Director and Executive Committee, develops and manages a budget for the Food Program.
· Provides weekly reports to ALIVE! Executive Director.
· Provides statistical and other key data to Executive Director, auditors, and others, as required.
· Participates as a member of the ALIVE! Board and Executive Committee. Attends Board meetings and updates the Board as necessary.
- Training Provided