Guided Tour Greeter Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National September 11 Memorial & Museum
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
9/11 Memorial & Museum
180 Greenwich Street
The 9/11 Memorial Museum’s Interpretive Programs team plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based public tours and Docents provide interpretive experiences (such as artifact talks) to Museum visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its precursors and aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site. The Guided Tour Greeter Volunteer will contribute towards the smooth operation of the Guided Tours Program in the Museum and on the 9/11 Memorial Plaza.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience working with an Interpretive Programs team in a Museum setting!
We recommend volunteers do one 3-hour shift per week, preferably on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays.
• Greet visitors at the Guided Tours area in the Museum and the outdoor Memorial Tour Cart. Inform visitors about tour options and other educational programming available to them
• Direct visitor queues to ensure a smooth tour check-in process.
• Assist with checking in visitors for their designated tour time by checking names off a list
• Assist with distributing Guided Tour equipment to tour participants.
• Advise visitors on equipment use and troubleshoot technology as necessary.
• Explain basic Guided Tour protocol to visitors in the museum.
• Assist with conducting guided tour surveys with tour participants.
- Training Provided