Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organisation, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training, in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty, and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 533 students and aims to train 750 in the next three years. PN employs 102 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom-Osiatis, CA Technologies, Microsoft and Société Générale and also receives support from individual donors.
In Vietnam, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2010, with a training centre based in Da Nang, in Central Vietnam. In 2012, the first class graduated with 27 students, and most of them had a job just after graduation. Today, PN Vietnam (PNV) trains 87 students and graduated 258 young disadvantaged since 2010.
The objectives of the mission are:
● Develop teachers’ knowledge and skills in Scrum methodology
● Coach teachers to apply their training knowledge to the lesson plans of PNV students projects
We expect from the volunteer:
● To collaborate with the training manager to create training content for teachers including theory and exercises
● To conduct training sessions, support and supervise teachers during practical sessions
● To create and/or adapt the training with PNV Professional Life Trainer to suit to PN students
● To collaborate with Training manager to help teachers review, evaluate their skills and define their areas of improvements and future development
4. PROFILE / COMPETENCIES OF THE VOLUNTEERS
● Proficient in project management processes especially in scrum methodology
● Technique to plan the project with IT tools
● Technique to control the project while implementing
● Technique to evaluate the project
● Pedagogical skill, previous experience in coaching
● At least 5 years of experience as project manager using agile methodology
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- International Volunteers