Volunteer Director of Marketing
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by National Alliance of Research Associate Programs
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Volunteer position responsible for planning and directing The National Alliance of Research Associates Programs (NARAP) marketing and public relations energies to mold and maintain a favorable public image. Ensuring that the message being sent is consistent with the overall image that has been cultivated for the company.
• Create, maintain and uphold standardized marketing practices and procedures.
• Develop annual marketing and service plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
• Create specific advertising and PR plans to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
• Plan marketing-related projects and manage external marketing partners and vendors.
• Increase organizational awareness through marketing initiatives utilizing and analyzing data and estimating demand for services by identifying potential markets and devising plans to deliver appropriate message.
• Maintain organization brand and devising brand strategies.
• Sponsoring corporate events that will put NARAP into the industry's (and public's) focus in a favorable light.
• Writing and distributing press releases.
• Responsible for researching trends in the economy or political sphere that may affect NARAP and making recommendations to position the company in relation to these changes.
• In charge of fielding media questions and responding to queries from the public.
• Develop relationships with those members of the media that cover NARAP, as well as the audiences NARAP wants to address.
• Lead in the development and implementation of advertising and marketing campaigns and materials.
• Actively promote NARAP through all forms of media and press.
• Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
• Provide marketing leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
• Provide leadership and support for the design, development and implementation of marketing products and services.
• Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
• Build, develop and manage Marketing and Corporate Research Team to carry out needed marketing and service strategies.
• Manage marketing services department, including development and distribution of all marketing materials.
Skills and Experience
• Executive leadership skills
• Ability to interact with executives
• Ability to manage complex
• Competent writer and communicator
• Social media expertise
• Organized and motivated
A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications with comparable work experience leading a for-profit or not-for-profit marketing organization.
NARAP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual
is entitled to equal employment opportunity.